Hyperacidity is a common problem that affects people of all ages. Most commonly, people feel a burning sensation after eating a meal in acidity. Another noticeable symptom of acidity is sour belching.
Generally, people use antacids to treat hyper acidity. But if you don’t want to take medicine, just try some simple ingredients available in your kitchen or refrigerator. These ingredients are simple to use and safe; in addition, they have no side effects.
Home Remedies for Hyperacidity:
1. Harad for Hyperacidity:
For detailed recipe, read ‘Recipe of Harad for acute acidity’.
2. Terminalia Bellirica:
Actually, Terminalia Bellirica (baheda) is an amazing herb; it is used in many traditional and Ayurvedic medicines with other herbs. To treat acidity, use it with black cardamom and yellow chebulic myrobalan.
For detailed recipe, read “Recipe of Haritaki for acute acidity’.
3. Indian gooseberry for Hyperacidity:
Amla or Indian gooseberry is an Indian fruit which is very good to treat any type of stomach problem. (1) If it is coupled with cumin seeds, it becomes a natural medicine of acidity. Fresh amla remains available in market from the month of October to march.
- Firstly, collect 50 gm of cumin seeds and roast it over heat on a pan.
- Then, grind the cumin seeds to make powder and keep it into a jar.
- Furthermore, take 2 fresh pieces of Amla and grate them.
- And soak it into half cup of water overnight.
- On the next day morning, mash the amla into the same water with finger tips thoroughly.
- Add 1 tsp of mishri powder or honey and half tsp of cumin seed powder in amla water.
- Now, consume it on an empty stomach.
- Continue this remedy for 2-4 weeks.
4. Harad with Piper Longum for Hyperacidity:
Haritaki or harad with piper longum is good to treat acidity; especially to cure burning in chest.
For ingredients and other details, read ‘Recipe of Harad with piper longum for acute acidity’.
5. Raisins and Fennel Seeds for Hyperacidity:
Raisin and fennel seeds are good for digestion, especially for hyperacidity. Raisin is a type of dried fruit made from grapes. If raisin is coupled with fennel seeds, then it becomes a medicine of acidity.
- Raisin 10 gm
- Fennel seeds 5 gm
Simply, soak both the ingredients into 1 cup of water overnight. On the next day morning, mash them with finger tips and consume after sieving. For better results, continue its usage regularly for 2-3 months and further (if required).
6. Haritaki with Jaggery:
For details, read ‘Recipe of Haritaki with jaggery for acute acidity’.
All the remedies given here are for the purpose of knowledge only; it is not the substitute of any diagnosis or treatment. These home remedies are quite safe and have no side effect; use it in limited quantity in a proper manner. It is better to consult Ayurvedic doctor before use. Chebulic Myrobalan is dry in nature, so drink more water.
All the ingredients required for above mentioned remedies can be purchased from any grocery shop; or you can buy it from spices section of any supermarket like- Big Bazar etc.