Hyperacidity is a common problem that affects people of all ages. Most commonly, people feel a burning sensation after eating a meal in acidity. Another noticeable symptom of acidity is sour belching (khatti Dakar).
Generally, people use antacids to treat hyper acidity. But if you don’t want to eat medicine, just try some simple ingredients available in your kitchen or refrigerator. These ingredients are simple to use and safe; moreover, they have no side effects.
Best Home Remedies for Hyperacidity:
1. Harad with Black Cardamom for Hyperacidity:
For detailed recipe, read ‘Recipe of Harad for acute acidity’.
2. Yellow Chebulic Myrobalan & Terminalia Bellirica:
Yellow Chebulic Myrobalan (badi harad) & Terminalia Bellirica (Baheda or bhibitaki) are amazing herbs which are used in many traditional and Ayurvedic medicines. By using these herbs with black cardamom (badi elaichi), you can treat acidity easily at home.
For detailed recipe, read “Recipe of Haritaki for acute acidity’.
3. Indian gooseberry and Cumin Seeds for Hyperacidity:
Amla or Indian gooseberry is an Indian fruit which is very good to treat any type of stomach problem. If it is coupled with cumin seeds (jeera), it becomes a natural medicine of hyperacidity. Fresh amla remains available in vegetable market from the month of October to march.
- Firstly, collect 50 gm of cumin seeds and roast it over heat on a pan.
- Then, grind the cumin seeds to make powder and keep it into a jar.
- Furthermore, take 2 fresh pieces of Amla and grate them.
- And soak it into half cup of water overnight.
- On the next day morning, mash the amla into the same water with finger tips thoroughly.
- Add 1 tsp of mishri powder or honey and half tsp of cumin seed powder in amla water.
- Now, consume it on an empty stomach.
- Continue this remedy for 2-4 weeks.
4. Harad with Piper Longum for Hyperacidity:
Haritaki or Terminalia Chebula (chhoti harad) with piper longum (chhoti pipali) makes a natural medicine of acidity; you can try this remedy to cure burning in chest.
For ingredients and other details, read ‘Recipe of Harad with piper longum for acute acidity’.
5. Raisins and Fennel Seeds for Hyperacidity:
Raisin (munakka) and fennel seeds (saunf) are good for digestion, especially for hyperacidity. Raisin is a type of dried fruit made from grapes. If raisin is coupled with fennel seeds, then it becomes a medicine of acidity.
- Raisin 10 gm
- Fennel seeds 5 gm
Soak both the ingredients into 1 cup of water overnight. On the next day morning, mash them with finger tips and consume after sieving. For better results, continue its usage regularly for 2-3 months and further (if required).
6. Haritaki with Jaggery:
For ingredients and other details, read ‘Recipe of Haritaki with jaggery for acute acidity’.
All the remedies given here are for the purpose of knowledge only; it is not the substitute of any diagnosis or treatment. These home remedies are quite safe and have no side effect if you use it in limited quantity in a proper manner. It is better to consult Ayurvedic doctor before use. Chebulic Myrobalan (black harad) is dry in nature, so drink more water.
Chebulic Myrobalan or terminalia chebula (chhoti harad in Hindi), Yellow Chebulic Myrobalan (badili harad), Terminalia Bellirica (Baheda), Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi), Jaggery (gur), Raisins (munakka), Fennel seeds (saunf), Cumin seeds and rock sugar (mishri) – all the required ingredients can be purchased from any grocery shop or spices section of any supermarket like- Big Bazar etc.