Hyperacidity is a common problem that affects people of all ages. Most commonly, people feel a burning sensation after eating a meal during acidity. Another noticeable symptom is sour belching (khatti Dakar). Constipation, indigestion, nausea and burning in the throat.
Generally, people use antacids to treat hyperacidity. But if you don’t want to eat medicine, just try some home remedies. There are many more simple ingredients available in your kitchen or refrigerator. These ingredients can cure acidity without medicine. They are simple to use and have no side effects.
Best Home Remedies for Hyperacidity:
1. Chebulic Myrobalan with Black Cardamom for Hyperacidity:
If you are suffering from acute acidity, you can take powder of Chebulic Myrobalan (chhoti harad), with black cardamom (Badi elaichi) and black Pepper. There is no side effect of it because all the ingredients are parts of every Indian kitchen.
1. Chebulic Myrobalan (chhoti harad) 50gm
2. Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) 50 gm
3. Black Pepper (kali mirch) 10 gm
- Firstly, roast Chebulic Myrobalan (chhoti harad) and Black Cardamom over heat on a pan slightly.
- Keep the black cardamom seeds into the blender after peeling.
- And then grind all the three ingredients one by one.
- At last, mix all the powder thoroughly and keep into an air tight jar.
- Whenever you feel acidity, you can take 1/4 tea spoon powder with lukewarm water at night.
- Repeat it for 7-10 days. This is a very effective and tested formula to get relief from acidity.
2. Yellow Chebulic Myrobalan & Terminalia Bellirica:
Yellow Chebulic Myrobalan (badi harad) is a kind of natural herb which has many health benefits. Similarly, Terminalia Bellirica (Baheda or bhibitaki) is also a very important herb. Tree of bhibitaki or baheda bears fruits which are used in many traditional and Ayurvedic medicines. Likewise, black cardamom seeds are also known for its number of health benefits. Use of these three herbs together can cure acidity permanently and also improve digestion.
Ingredients to prepare powder to cure acidity:
1. Yellow Chebulic Myrobalan (Pili harad) 25gm
2. Terminalia Bellirica (Baheda) 50 gm
3. Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi) 20 gm
4. Mishri 50 gm
- Firstly, pound on the harad and baheda with the help of pestle or stone and remove its seeds.
- Keep the broken shell (upper layer) separately.
- Simultaneously, peel black cardamom and remove out the seeds.
- Then grind the harad, baheda and badi elaichi to make fine powder.
- In addition, also make powder of Mishri in grinder and mix all the four ingredients properly.
- Keep it into an air tight jar.
Take 2 gm of this powder with lukewarm water daily in the morning. It cures ‘shleshma pitta’ naturally. You can use honey in the place of mishri.
3. Indian gooseberry and Cumin Seeds for Hyperacidity:
In addition, cumin seeds are also good for digestive system. Amla with mishri and cumin seeds cures any type of acidity. Fresh amla remains available in vegetable market from the month of October to march.
- In the first place, take fresh Amla 10 gm or two Indian gooseberries and grate them.
- Then soak it into half cup of water overnight.
- Furthermore, take 50 gm cumin seeds (jeera) and roast them to make fine powder.
- Keep the powder of cumin seeds into a jar.
- On the next day morning, mash the amla into the same water with finger tips.
- Add one spoon of mishri powder or honey and half spoon of cumin powder.
- And then drink it on an empty stomach.
- Continue this remedy for 2-4 weeks. It is a good traditional natural remedy to cure any type of acidity. There is no side effect of it.
4. Piper Longum & Chebulic Myrobalan for Hyperacidity:
Haritaki or harad is an amazing herb; its fruit is used to cure many health problems. Piper longum (pippali or long pepper) is also an herb. It is used in various traditional and Ayurvedic medicines. Haritaki or Chebulic myrobalan (chhoti harad) with piper longum (chhoti pippali) makes a natural medicine of acidity. To cure acute acidity (burning in chest), you can try this remedy.
1. Chebulic myrobalan (harad) 25 gm
2. Piper longum 25 gm
3. Mishri 50 gm
- Firstly, collect all the ingredients and grind them one by one.
- Then mix all the three powders and store into a air tight jar.
- Then, ingest 2gm of this powder twice a day with water.
- With a regular use of few days, you can cure your acidity permanently.
5. Raisins and Fennel Seeds for Hyperacidity:
1. Raisin 10 gm
2. Fennel seeds 5 gm
Soakboth the ingredients into 1 cup of water over night. On the next day morning, mash them with finger tips and consume after sieving. For better results, continue its usage regularly for 2-3 months and further (if required).
6. Jaggery and Chebulic Myrobalan (Harad):
Jaggery is a natural sweetener which works like a digestive agent. It has many medicinal and nutritive values. Jaggery (gur) with Chebulic Myrobalan (haritaki) works as a natural medicine.
1. Chebulic Myrobalan 50 gm (harad)
2. Jaggery 50 gm (gur)
- Firstly, roast Chebulic Myrobalan (chhoti harad) on a pan over heat slightly.
- Then grind it in mixer grinder to make fine powder and keep it into a jar.
- Ingest 2 gm of this powder, mixing with equal quantity of jaggery (gur) after half an hour of dinner with water. It is not only good to cure hyper acidity but also good for constipation.
Chebulic Myrobalan (black harad), Yellow Chebulic Myrobalan (Pili harad), Terminalia Bellirica (Baheda),Black Cardamom (Badi Elaichi), Jaggery (gur), Raisins (munakka), Fennel seeds (saunf), Cumin seeds and mishri – all the required ingredients can be purchased from any grocery shop or spices section of any super market like- Big Bazar etc.
All the remedies given here are for knowledge purpose, not for any diagnosis or treatment purpose. These home remedies are quite safe and have no side effect if you use it in limited quantity in a proper manner. It is better to consult Ayurvedic doctor before use. Chebulic Myrobalan (black harad) is dry in nature, so drink more water.