Low Back Pain or Kamar dard:
Natural home remedies for low back pain may attract those people who suffer from chronic back pain and looking for the natural way to alleviate the pain. At present, low back pain is the most common health problem of human beings all around the world. Especially women are prone to low back pain (kamar dard). It can be caused either due to interconnected network of spinal muscles, nerves, bones and discs or lack of physical activity, excessive physical labour, poor sitting posture and pregnancy. In older people, it may be due to degeneration of the joints in the spine. Low back pain affects individual’s day to day life; individual feels difficulty to carry out routine activities.
In most of the cases of low back pain, urgent care is not required. Or iNow, t may be treated at home with some precautions, exercises, and natural home remedies. But if the low back pain is a result of fever, significant leg weakness, sudden weight loss, loss of control of urination or bowel movement and continuous abdominal pain, people should immediately consult to the doctor.
Home Remedies to Cure Low Back Pain:-
1. Poppy Seeds for Low Back Pain:
Poppy seeds (khus khus) with mishri cure back pain in a natural way without any side effect.
- Take 50 gm poppy seeds (khus khus) and 50 gm mishri (rock sugar or candy sugar).
- Grind them one by one to make fine powder and then mix well.
- Now, eat 5-5 gm powder two times daily with hot milk.
- Continue this home remedy for 3-4 weeks.
2. Basil Leaves for Low back Pain:
Basil leaves or ‘tulsi patti’ are used as natural remedy to treat low back pain (kamar dard) without pain killer. Tulsi plant is mostly available in every house or its surroundings.
Boil 10-15 basil (Tulsi) leaves in a cup of water till it reduces half and drink lukewarm once daily to cure back pain.
3. Ginger, Basil & Cardamom Kadha:
Basil leaves 5 ( Tulsi)
Ginger (crushed) 10 gm (adrak)
Black Cardamom 2 pods (badi elaichi)
- At first, boil crushed or grated ginger, basil leaves, and black cardamom seeds in a glass of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it to be cool and strain into a glass.
- Then mix a table spoon of honey (shahad) in it and drink lukewarm.
- This kadha (decoction) cures low back pain completely with a regular use of 3-4 weeks.
- Basil or tulsi plant is mostly available in every house or its surroundings.
4. Turpentine Oil for Low Back Pain:
Turpentine oil is made from the resin of certain pine trees. It is used as medicine; some e-commerce (online) sites such as- flipkart, India mart, sell turpentine oil .
Simply, give a massage to the affected area with the oil of turpentine (tarpeen ka tel) 3-4 times a day. It is most effective natural remedy of back pain (kamar dard).
5. Mustard oil with garlic:
Massage with mustard oil (sarson ka tel) & garlic (lahsun) helps to cure low back pain (kamar dard) without pain killer. For making garlic oil, you have to burn 4-5 garlic cloves in 200 gm mustard oil at first. And then give a massage with this oil on the affected area to remove pain. Garlic has pain relieving properties; it helps to relax your back muscles and relieve pain naturally.
6. Wheat & Poppy seeds:
An excellent home remedy to cure low back pain (kamar dard) without pain killer is a use of wheat (gehun) and poppy seeds (khus khus) with some other ingredients.
Wheat 50 gm (Gehun)
Poppy seeds 25 gm (Khas khas)
Coriander seeds 25 gm (Dhania)
Milk 200 ml (Doodh)
Dry ginger powder 1 tsp (Sonth)
Piper longum powder 1 pinch (Pippali)
- Firstly, soak wheat, poppy seeds and coriander seeds separately in water overnight.
- Make a paste of soaked wheat, poppy seeds and coriander seeds on the very next day morning.
- And cook this paste with milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add dry ginger powder (sonth) and piper longum powder in the milk decoction and ingest this.
- With a regular use of this decoction for 2-3 weeks you can cure your low back pain (kamar dard) permanently.
7. Walnut for Back Pain:
Walnut or akhnrot is rich source of omega- 3, copper and manganese and most effectively used to cure low back pain (kamar dard) and arthritis. Therefore, eat 2 walnuts (or 4-5 akhrot giri) on an empty stomach daily.
8. Rock salt:
Rock salt (sendha namak) is very good for inflammation, pain and minor internal injuries. Take a whole piece of rack salt, smooth out it with the help of water and rub it lightly on the affected area directly for 10 minutes. It is an amazing home remedy of low back pain (kamar dard). It removes swelling and provides quick relief from back pain. There is no harm of this remedy, you can repeat it 4-5 times in a day or as per requirement.
9. Giloy Leaves for Low Back Pain:
Giloy or guduchi or Tinospora cordifolia is a famous Ayurvedic herb, which has medicinal properties and used to cure many diseases like- fever, diabetes, jaundice, asthma, urinary tract disorders, anaemia, cardiac disorders, etc. It can cure lower back pain also.
Giloy kadha or decoction can help to cure lower back pain (kamar dard).
- Boil 8-10 leaves of Giloy in a glass of water till it reduces to half.
- Strain it and drink lukewarm for 3-4 weeks. Giloy tree is easily available in surroundings or you can also grow in your kitchen garden.
You can purchase above said ingredients from grocery shop or super market; there is no side effect of these remedies. But if you are allergic to any ingredient or it does not suit you, stop its use immediately. Though there is no scientific proof of these remedies, but they are in use from the time of our ancestors. Result are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person.