Rock sugar or Mishri is the crystal form of sugar. It is not just a mouth freshner but also has lots of health benefits. It is used as supportive ingredients in various Ayurvedic medicines. Recipes of few home remedies are given here; you can apply them to treat day to day health problems.
Health Recipes of Rock Sugar or Mishri:
1. Recipe for Eyesight:-
Almonds (Badam) 100 gm
Mishri 100 gm
Fennel Seeds (Saunf) 50 gm
Black Pepper(Kali Mirch) 25 gm
Then, grind altogether to make powder. Keep the powder into a jar and ingest 1 tbsp of this powder with milk at night daily. Avoid drinking water after this. This is one of the best home remedy for improving vision (eyesight), increasing memory and treating headache.
2. Recipe for Brain:-
Mishri or sugar candy is also used as supportive natural medicine for brain tonic with walnuts (akhrot). It helps to improve memory and release mental fatigue.
Simply, take 10 gm of walnuts (akhrot) and fry them into clarified butter (ghee). Then mix it with 10 gm of rock sugar and eat with a glass of hot milk daily before going to bed.
3. Recipe for Sore throat :
Rock sugar with Almonds (badam) and black pepper (kali mirch) is good for throat too; you can cure sore throat problem (gale ki kharash) by applying this natural remedy.
Almonds 100 gm
Mishri 100 gm
Black pepper 25 gm
Simply, collect all the ingredients in the given ratio and grind coarsely (dardara) into mixer-grinder. Keep it into a airtight jar and consume one tsp of this powder daily with milk or lukewarm water at night. It also helps to release excess nasal mucus.
4. Recipe for Cough & Sore Throat:
For sore throat, collect mishri powder (1 tsp), some black pepper powder (1 gm) and ghee (1/2 tsp). Then mix them thoroughly to make paste. Now lick it eat it at night before going to bed; you can take it twice a day if required.
5. Recipe for Impotency (a):
Rock sugar with walnuts (akhrot) and saffron (kesar) with milk is effective in treating impotency (napunsakta).
Walnuts 15 gm
Mishri 15 gm
Saffron 7-8 threads
- Firstly, grind walnuts and mishri to make fine powder.
- Take a glass of hot milk and mix the powder in it.
- Then, add threads of saffron in it and drink at night before going to bed.
6. Recipe for Impotency (b):
Another natural remedy for improving libido is a use of rock sugar with roots of lady-finger (bhindi). Simply, grind a small piece of the root of lady-finger, mix equal amount of mishri powder and ingest.
7. Recipe for Nose Bleeding (Naksir):
Rock sugar with dry lotus flower petals is quite effective in controlling nose bleed. If you usually face the nose bleeding problem (naksir), apply this home remedy-
- At first, take some dry lotus flower petals and rock sugar.
- Grind them separately to make powder.
- Then mix the powder in equal quantity and store into a jar.
- Now, ingest 1 tsp of this powder daily in the morning with hot milk.
- You will get results within a week; if required, continue this remedy for 15 days.
8. Recipe for Mouth Ulcers (Chhale):
- Firstly, take green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) and mishri in equal amount.
- Grind both the ingredients and make paste with little water.
- Apply this paste on the affected area (ulcers) 3-4 times in a day.
- You will get quick relief from mouth ulcers. Even you can apply it on small children.
9. Recipe for Hoarseness of Voice:
Mixture of rock sugar and dry ginger powder treats hoarseness of voice naturally.
- At first, collect dry ginger (sonth) powder and mishri powder in equal quantity.
- Add some drops of honey (shahad) to make paste.
- Then mix all the three ingredients and make small pills of this paste.
- Now, chew 1 pill for 2-4 times a day; it soothes throat and clears voice easily.
10. Recipe for Kidney Stone:
If you have stone in your kidney, mix some rock sugar powder in 2 spoons of onion juice and take regularly for some days. It breaks the stone into small pieces and remove through urine.
To extract onion juice, crush or grate a small piece of onion after peeling and extract the juice with the help of a thin cotton cloth.
11. Recipe for Breathing Problem:
Rock sugar helps to cure breathing problem.
- Simply, take 2 spoon of milk cream or malai in a small bowl.
- Add a pinch of black pepper (kali mirch) and 1 tsp mishri powder in it.
- Now, ingest it before going to bed at night.
- Follow this remedy for some days regularly.
12. Recipe for Headache:
Whenever you have headache, especially due to poor vision, take 1 tsp of rock sugar powder, 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf) powder and a pinch of green cardamom (chhoti elaichi) powder and ingest it with a glass of hot milk twice a day. With a use of few days, headache will be vanished forever.
13. Recipe for Burning of Eyes:
Rock sugar or mishri has coolant properties. Whenever you feel burning, itching and tiredness in your eyes, try this natural remedy.
Rock Sugar Powder 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder 1 pinch
Cow’s milk ghee 1 tsp
Mix all the three ingredients well and lick it. Repeat it every morning and evening for 7-10 days regularly.
14. Recipe for Piles (Bawasir):
Mishri is a supportive natural medicine of piles; use it with nag kesar.
- Firstly, take rock sugar, butter (makhan) and nag kesar in equal quantity.
- Grind nag kesar and mishri to make fine powder one by one.
- Then mix all the three ingredients properly.
- Now, ingest 1 tsp of this mixture twice a day (morning and evening) with hot milk.
15. Recipe for Neck pain:
- At first, take equal amount of rock sugar and poppy seeds (khas khas) and grind them separately to make fine powder.
- Mix both the ingredients well and keep into a jar.
- Now, ingest 5 gm of this powder with hot milk before going to sleep at night; you will get relief in your neck pain definitely.
16. Recipe for Loose Motion (Diarrhea):
To cure loose motion, use rock Sugar with dry coriander Powder (Sookha dhania).
- Firstly, collect 10 gm mishri powder and 10 gm dry coriander powder.
- Mix both the ingredients in 100 ml of water and consume.
- Repeat it for 2-3 times in a day.
- You will get relief within a day.
- This home remedy is quite effective, specially in loose motion due to heat.
All the above health recipes of rock sugar and other ingredients are quite safe and effective but results may vary person to person. The above information is for information only; it is not the substitute of medical science. If any recipe doesn’t suit anyone, please stop immediately and consult your doctor.