Constipation has become a common problem which is mainly because of improper diet and lack of fiber in food. It is the main reason of many stomach related health problems such as- acidity, gastric problem, piles, indigestion, headache etc. To prevent constipation, we should eat proper diet which is full of fibre because fibre rich diet stop sticking of food to the wall of intestine. If you are facing persistent constipation, raisin or munakka can help you to control constipation naturally.
Raisin or munakka is a good source of fibre as well as anti oxidants and calcium which help to control constipation naturally. It is the wonder product for controlling the constipation. Regular intake of munakka or raisin (especially black raisin) helps in improving bowel movement and relieving you from constipation.
Raisin (Munakka) For Constipation:
1. Soaked Raisins:
Raisin is rich in fibre; it acts as a natural laxative by loosening up the the stool. Soak 11 raisins or munakka in half cup of water at night and eat them next day in the morning on an empty stomach. You can also drink the water they soaked in. It is a good home remedy of improving bowel movement and relieving constipation.
2. Raisin with Milk to cure Constipation:
In case of persistent constipation, you can take raisin with milk for best results.
- Take 9-11 pieces of raisins and a glass of fresh milk.
- Wash raisins with water and remove the seeds.
- Pour the milk into a sauce pan with munakka and put it over the flame for boiling.
- Boil it for 5-7 minutes and put it off from the heat.
- Pour the milk into a glass and take out the raisins.
- Drink the milk and eat munakka at night before going to bed.
- Munakka helps to clear constipation by providing your stomach with laxative effect. In case of acute constipation, you can take as many as 15 – 20 raisins or munakka with milk.
3. Raisin with Rock Salt:
Daily consumption of raisins, especially black raisins help you to get rid of constipation naturally.
Take 10-15 raisins or munakka and roast them with little ghee on a pan; add a pinch of rock salt and consume before going to sleep at night. This home remedy has no side effect at all.
4. Raisin and Lemon:
Raisin or munakka has malic acid that helps in the easy stool passage. Likewise lemon contains citric acid which acts as a stimulant for digestive system. It also helps in flushing out the toxins and undigested food.
- To relieve constipation, soak 10-12 raisins or munakka and one fig (anjeer) in a glass of water overnight.
- In the morning, crush them thoroughly with finger tips and sieve into a cup.
- Mix one lemon juice and 2 tsp of honey in it and then sip it slowly.
- By applying this home remedy, even chronic constipation will be cured completely in just a few days.
5. Raisin with Amaltas and Figs:
If you are suffering from constipation since long and it became painful try munakka with figs and Amaltas. Figs contain high fibre that promotes healthy and regular bowel movement. Amaltas (Cassia Fistula) is a type of herbal plant, known for its medicinal values. Its fruit pulp is very good to cure constipation. Firstly, collect all the five ingredients:-
1. Raisins or Munakka 10 pieces
2. Fennel seeds or saunf 3 gm
3. Figs or Anjeer 5 pieces
4. Amaltas Pulp (Cassia Fistula) 3 gm
5. Rose Flower Leaves 3 gm
- Remove the seeds of munakka after cleaning with water.
- Soak the raisins and Amaltas pulp in a little of water for some time.
- Boil all the ingredients in a glass of water till it reduces half.
- Filter it into a cup and drink this decoction (kadha) at night.
- You can continue this remedy for 5-7 days; it will definitely give you relief from chronic constipation.
6. Raisins with Cumin Seeds:
Cumin seeds or Jeera is also an important ingredient that helps in digestion. Composition of raisin (munakka) with cumin seeds and black pepper (kali mirch) helps to improve the bowel movement. To cure constipation, firstly prepare a chutney of the following ingredients –
|1||Raisins or Munakka||7 pieces|
|2||Roasted Cumin Seeds or Jeera||10 gm|
|3||Black Pepper or Kali Mirch||5 seeds|
|4||Rock Salt or Sendha Namak||6 gm|
|5||Citric Acid or Tatri||1/2 gm|
Remove the seeds of munakka and grind all the ingredients in the mixer grinder to make chutney. Now, lick this chutney 2-3 times a day to improve bowel improvement.
Munakka or raisin is a type of dried fruit which has lots of health benefits. It has been used as a traditional home remedy of constipation since long back and has no side effects. But raisins, especially golden variety, are treated with sulphur dioxide that may aggravate asthma and other allergic reactions in sulphur sensitive persons. Therefore, be careful before buying it and read carefully the labels which may instruct about the sulphur treated products; sun dried products are safe to use. (100 gm of raisins have 249 calories).
The natural/ home remedies given above is for information purposes only; it is neither to be construed as a diagnosis, treatment, or cure for any disease nor to be considered as a substitute for medical care from a doctor. Remember to consult your doctor before trying these natural remedies; results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person.