Constipation has become a common problem which is mainly because of improper diet and lack of fiber in food. It is the main reason of many stomach related health problems such as- acidity, gastric problem, piles, indigestion, headache etc. To prevent constipation, we should eat proper diet which is full of fiber because fiber rich diet stop sticking of food to the wall of intestine. If you are facing persistent constipation, raisin (munakka) can help you to cure it naturally.
Raisin is a good source of fibre as well as antioxidants, calcium, iron and many other. It is the wonder product for controlling the constipation. Regular intake of munakka (especially black raisin) helps in improving bowel movement and relieving you from constipation.
Raisin (Munakka) For Constipation:
1. Soaked Raisins:
Raisin is rich in fibre; it acts as a natural laxative by loosening up the the stool. Soak 11 raisins (munakka) in half cup of water at night and ingest (with water) on the next day morning with an empty stomach.
2. Raisin with Milk to cure Constipation:
In case of persistent constipation, you can take raisin with milk for best results.
- Take 9-11 pieces of raisins and a glass of fresh milk.
- Wash raisins with water and remove the seeds.
- Pour the milk into a sauce pan with munakka and put it over the flame for boiling.
- Boil it for 5-7 minutes and put it off from the heat.
- Pour the milk into a glass and take out the raisins.
- Drink the milk and eat munakka at night before going to bed.
- In case of acute constipation, you can take as many as 15 – 20 raisins (munakka) with milk.
3. Raisin with Rock Salt:
Daily consumption of raisins, especially black raisins help you to get rid of constipation.
Take 10-15 raisins (munakka) and roast them with little ghee on a pan; add a pinch of rock salt and consume before going to sleep at night.
4. Raisin and Lemon:
Raisin has malic acid that helps in the easy stool passage. Likewise lemon contains citric acid which acts as a stimulant for digestive system. It also helps in flushing out the toxins and undigested food.
- Therefore, soak 10-12 raisins (munakka) and one fig (anjeer) in a glass of water overnight.
- In the morning, mash them thoroughly with finger tips and sieve into a cup.
- Add one lemon juice and 2 tsp of honey in raisin water and then sip it slowly.
This home remedy shows amazing results; even chronic constipation will be cured completely in just a few days.
5. Raisin with Amaltas & Figs:
Amaltas (Cassia Fistula) is a type of herbal plant, known for its medicinal values. Its fruit pulp is very good to cure constipation. Similarly, figs contain high fibre that promotes healthy and regular bowel movement. If you are suffering from constipation since long and it became painful, try munakka with figs and Amaltas.
Raisins or Munakka 10 pieces
Fennel seeds or saunf 3 gm
Figs or Anjeer 5 pieces
Amaltas Pulp (Cassia Fistula) 3 gm
Rose Flower Leaves 3 gm
- Remove the seeds of munakka after cleaning with water.
- Soak the raisins and Amaltas pulp in water for some time.
- Then, boil all the ingredients in a glass of water till it reduces half.
- Now, sieve it into a cup and drink this decoction (kadha) at night.
You can continue this remedy for 5-7 days; it will definitely give you relief from chronic constipation.
6. Raisins with Cumin Seeds:
Cumin seeds (Jeera) is also an important ingredient that helps in digestion. Composition of raisin with cumin seeds and black pepper works well to improve the bowel movement. To cure constipation, you can make a chutney (paste) of these ingredients in a certain ratio.
Raisin 7 pieces
Roasted Cumin seeds 10 gm
Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) 5 Seeds
Rock Salt (Sendha namak) 6 gm
Citric Acid (Tatri) ½ gm
Remove the seeds of munakka and grind all the ingredients in the mixer grinder to make chutney. Now, lick this chutney 2-3 times in a day to improve bowel improvement.
Munakka or raisin is a type of dry fruit which has lots of health benefits. It has been used as a traditional home remedy of constipation since long back and has no side effects. But raisins, especially golden variety, are treated with sulphur dioxide that may aggravate asthma and other allergic reactions in sulphur sensitive persons. Therefore, be careful before buying it and read carefully the labels which may instruct about the sulphur treated products; sun dried products are safe to use. (100 gm of raisins have 249 calories).
The home remedies given above is for the purpose of knowledge only; it is neither to be construed as a diagnosis, treatment, or cure for any disease nor to be considered as a substitute for medical care from a doctor. Don’t forget to consult your doctor before trying these natural remedies; results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person.