Pieria – a Disease of Gums:
Pieria (also called pyria or pyorrhea) is a disease of gums in which teeth becomes sensitive for hot and cold. Teeth started becoming loosen; gums started bleeding after eating food or brushing teeth. Pieria usually occurs when gum health decreases due to poor dental hygiene. Poor dental hygiene means- not cleaning teeth often or not cleaning adequately, food deposition and use of gutka, cigarette, pan etc. Its main symptoms are bleeding gums, swelling of gums, teeth loosening, bad breath and sensitivity to hot and cold.
Though, Pieria can be treated by the dentist but the procedure is long and expensive. If you are not able to afford it, you can try some natural remedies which are most effective to treat Pieria. First of all, it is necessary to maintain proper oral hygiene. You should brush your teeth twice a day (morning and before going to bed at night); brush in proper manner and rinse your mouth with water after meal. Simultaneously, adopt any of the following natural remedies to cure gum bleeding and swelling of gums.
Best Natural Remedies for Pieria:
1. Basil leaves for Pieria:
Do you know, basil leaves can treat Pieria? Yes, simply brush your teeth with basil leaves powder.
- At first, dry some basil leaves in sunlight thoroughly.
- Grind dried leaves to make fine powder and store it into an airtight jar.
- Then, take some powder into your palm and mix equal quantity of mustard oil in dry basil leaves (tulsi) powder to make paste.
- Now, clean your teeth with this paste twice a day.
- It not only controls gum bleeding but also controls bad breath.
2. Rock Salt and Mustard Oil:
To cure pieria, massage your teeth with paste of mustard oil and rock salt (sendha namak) after brushing.
To prepare this paste, grind the rock salt to make fine powder and sieve it with thin cloth. Take a pinch of rock salt in your palm and mix 2 – 4 drops of mustard oil in it. Now, massage your gums gently at night. After massage, do gargles with lukewarm water. Follow this routine for 3-4 weeks, to cure pieria completely.
3. Peel of Oranges for Pieria:
Peel of orange is good to cure dental problems like pieria. Remove the peel of oranges and cut in small pieces. Spread into a plate or tray and dry the peels in direct sunlight for 3-4 days till they become hard. Now grind them to make fine powder and keep it into a jar. Use this powder to massage your teeth and gums regularly.
4. Alum and Turmeric:
- Simply, take 20 gm of alum and break it into pieces.
- Then roast it in a pan over flame.
- After cooling, grind it to make fine powder.
- Mix 10 gm turmeric powder (haldi) in it and keep into a jar.
- Now, use this powder for cleaning of teeth regularly before going to bed at night.
- Don’t eat anything after this process.
- Make gargles with salted water in the next day morning.
- Follow this routine for few weeks to cure pieria completely.
5. Black Sesame Seeds:
Black sesame seed (kale til) is a nutty variant. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and good for total health. Black sesame seeds cure Pieria and control gum bleeding in a natural way. Chew some black sesame seeds after brushing your teeth twice (morning and night) daily for some days. Do not drink water immediately after it.
6. Cucumber or Kheera:
Cucumber (kheera in Hindi) is a wonderful food; it can cure pieria too. Eat 2 cucumbers twice a day if you have pieria.
Or take one glass cucumber juice and sip it slowly like tea. In addition to, massage the teeth with cucumber juice to cure Pieria.
7. Neem Leaves:
Neem tree has anti-bacterial properties. Chewing sticks of Neem tree are used for teeth cleaning from the time of our ancestors. Dry some neem leaves (azadirachta indica) and grind them to make fine powder. Mix a little amount of camphor in it and store into a jar. Use this powder for cleaning teeth twice a day for 6-8 weeks. This home remedy controls gums bleeding, swelling and other gums diseases.
All the above remedies are traditional and have no side effect. But they are not the substitute of any medical treatment; it is better to consult your dentist first. Ingredients required for above mentioned remedies are easily available in every house, nearby surroundings or supermarkets.